Gingered Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup apple jelly
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Hot cooked rice pilaf or rice
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onions in oil and water for 5-6 minutes. Stir in ginger and garlic. Cover and cook for 8-12 minutes or until onions are tender, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; stir in apple jelly until melted.
- 2. Cut tenderloin into eight slices; flatten each to 1/2-in. thickness. Sprinkle with salt. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, saute pork for 4 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Top with reserved onions; cover and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the meat juices run clear. Serve with rice. Yield: 2-3 servings.
8 ounce-weight: 404 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 260mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein .
Reviews for Gingered Pork Tenderloin
"This recipe was easy to prepare and my family loved it, even my four kids."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.