Gingered Pork Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1/3 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 pounds pork chop suey meat or cubed pork tenderloin
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag; add pork and shake to coat. In a large skillet or wok over medium heat, brown pork in oil; drain. Add the next 11 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into skillet. Simmer 10 minutes longer. Just before serving, add pimientos. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Gingered Pork Stir-Fry(1)
Sort By :
I was pleased to have a very low-sodium meal. However, all the veggies being simmered in liquid so long is not a stir-fry and they were all soggy and limp. Next time I will try stir frying them without the liquid, then remove them from the pan while the sauce simmers. Or something like that.