Gingered Pork and Veggies Recipe
Tip: Could use 1 tablespoon of diced pimientos instead of red pepper, but add it just before serving. (The reader does this.) Dorothy Bateman of Carver, Massachusetts says she relies on this savory stir-fry when time is short. “It’s wonderful made with a combination of brown and white rice,” adds Dorothy.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 pound pork chop suey meat or cubed pork tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/2 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag; add pork and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown pork in oil over medium heat; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the water, lemon juice, sugar, ginger, garlic powder, bouillon and pepper; pour over pork. Add onion, green pepper, celery and red pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into pork mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Gingered Pork and Veggies in Cooking for 2 Winter 2007, p25
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Gingered Pork and Veggies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 21, 2009
This makes a very good, ample servings for two. I will make again.
More Recipe Collections
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >