Gingered Pepper Steak Recipe
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 pound beef flank steak, thinly sliced
- 2 medium green peppers, julienned
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, ginger, soy sauce and vinegar until smooth. Add beef and toss to coat; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry green peppers in oil until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm. Add beef with marinade to pan; stir-fry for 3 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness. Return peppers to pan; heat through. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
One 1-cup serving (calculated without rice) equals 236 calories, 10 g fat (0 saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 579 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.