Gingered Pepper Steak Recipe
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 pound beef flank steak, thinly sliced
- 2 medium green peppers, julienned
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, ginger, soy sauce and vinegar until smooth. Add beef and toss to coat; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry green peppers in oil until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm. Add beef with marinade to pan; stir-fry for 3 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness. Return peppers to pan; heat through. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Gingered Pepper Steak
Sort By :
Very good. Has a lot of flavor and pretty quick to make. Pretty inexpensive as well.
Very good recipe - will definitely make many times. The sauce is so good it could be used with chicken and any stir-fry vegetables you like or even with rice noodles.
I used top sirloin because that was what I had in my freezer. I also doubled the sauce, used rice wine vinegar and added onions. Really, really good.
I used left-sirloin steak for this. I added mushrooms and green onions to the green peppers. After sauteing the vegetables, I added the marinade, then added the steak. I wasn't sure how it would turn out since I used left-over steak, but it was delicious.
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Main Dish Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >