When I was a girl, we had a lot of pear trees. This recipe was one that my mother made often for us. I still remember how good those pears tasted.
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 4 medium ripe pears, peeled, quartered and cored
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a large skillet, place pears in water. Cover and cook over medium
- heat for 25-30 minutes or until tender. Turn the pears over.
- Combine sugar and ginger; sprinkle over pears. Cover and cook 5-10
- minutes longer. Serve warm. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 147 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 1 g protein.