Gingered Pears Recipe
When I was a girl, we had a lot of pear trees. This recipe was one that my mother made often for us. I still remember how good those pears tasted.
- 4 medium ripe pears, peeled, quartered and cored
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a large skillet, place pears in water. Cover and cook over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until tender. Turn the pears over.
- Combine sugar and ginger; sprinkle over pears. Cover and cook 5-10 minutes longer. Serve warm. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Gingered Pears in Country Extra May 2004, p51
Reviews for Gingered Pears(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Appetizers >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Easy Appetizer Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Easy Finger Foods >
- Easy Recipes >