Gingered Peach Chutney
This recipe feature some of the best fruit of the summer: Pears. I love to add this to pork roast or chops.—Marlene Wiczek, Little Falls, Minnesota
14 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 50 min.
- 4 cups chopped peeled fresh peaches
- 1-1/2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon mustard seed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- In a Dutch oven, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium
- heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 45-50 minutes or until
- thickened and reduced to about 3-1/2 cups, stirring occasionally.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield:
- 3-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup equals 132 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 186 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.