This recipe feature some of the best fruit of the summer: Pears. I love to add this to pork roast or chops.—Marlene Wiczek, Little Falls, Minnesota
Recommended: The 75 Best Ways to Enjoy Farmer's Market Peaches
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 cups chopped peeled fresh peaches
- 1-1/2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon mustard seed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- In a Dutch oven, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 45-50 minutes or until thickened and reduced to about 3-1/2 cups, stirring occasionally.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Gingered Peach Chutney in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p210