This attractive side dish looks lovely served alongside poultry, pork or beef. Every time my guests taste the deliciously spiced carrots, they ask for the recipe. —Laurie Hicks, Troy, Montana
- 8 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup red currant jelly
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, saute the carrots, onions and ginger in butter for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Add the orange juice, jelly and salt. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Gingered Orange Carrots in Country October/November 2009, p51
Reviews for Gingered Orange Carrots
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review