Gingered Molasses Cookies Recipe
A nice blend of spices and grated orange peel makes these a little different than your basic molasses cookies. My son loved these when he was growing up.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, molasses and orange peel. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Roll into 1-1/4-in. balls, then in remaining sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are firm and surface cracks. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 5-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 104 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 143 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC