Gingered Maple Cupcakes Recipe
Tickle your taste buds with creamy maple frosting topping delicious cupcakes. A woman from church brought these to a winter potluck. Now my husband and three children enjoy them often. —Elesha Freeman, Mount Pleasant, Michigan
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 18 pecan halves
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Beat in syrup and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, ginger, salt and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Stir in pecans.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese, brown sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Beat in syrup and vanilla. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 4. Frost cupcakes; top each with a pecan half. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 425 calories, 20 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 348 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC