- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 18 pecan halves
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Beat in syrup and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, ginger, salt and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Stir in pecans.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese, brown sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Beat in syrup and vanilla. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Frost cupcakes; top each with a pecan half. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Gingered Maple Cupcakes
Sort By :
"Made this and took to work. Everyone enjoyed them, I received many compliments. They were amazing! I would make the frosting first as it needs to chill for an hour. I also would use half the butter, 4oz. cream cheese and maple flavoring to taste. As far as the cake batter I would use a 1/2 tsp. ginger, cinnamon, allspice and 1/4 cup of nuts. I used black walnuts as well."
"It had a very unique taste. I guess maybe I put to much ginger in it. It was a bit over powering and not really the sweet taste you normally except from a cupcake."
"I made the cupcakes without the nuts (because of allergies) and they were very yummy. They were a great hit at the Bridge club. I will make them again very soon."
"Hi Sakya. Just a fancy way of saying use yummy vanilla extract."
"What is that spice? Spice Islands®, All Natural, No Corn Syrup Added, Pure Vanilla ExtractWe see that in all recipe now"