Gingered Mango Salsa
Zesty cilantro and ginger meet cool mint in this change-of-pace salsa. "We love it over grilled chicken, fish and pork," says Barb Fore of McAllen, Texas. "Try substituting the mango with papaya."
5 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + standing
- 1 cup chopped peeled mango
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Let stand for 30 minutes before
- serving. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup equals 39 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 120 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 fruit.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA
, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now