Zesty cilantro and ginger meet cool mint in this change-of-pace salsa. "We love it over grilled chicken, fish and pork," says Barb Fore of McAllen, Texas. "Try substituting the mango with papaya."
Recommended: 47 Sweet and Savory Snacks For Your TV Marathon
- 1 cup chopped peeled mango
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Let stand for 30 minutes before serving. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
Originally published as Gingered Mango Salsa in Light & Tasty August/September 2005, p40
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Gingered Mango Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review