Gingered Long Grain and Wild Rice
Although I just recently added this recipe to my collection, it's already a favorite.
10-12 ServingsPrep: 40 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 slices bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) long grain and wild rice mix
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- Place bread cubes on a baking sheet. Bake at 250° for 35 minutes
- or until toasted. Meanwhile, prepare rice according to package
- directions. In a large skillet, saute the celery, onion and ginger
- in butter until tender. Add to the rice.
- Stir in broth, water chestnuts and bread cubes. Transfer to a greased
- shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35
- minutes or until heated through. Yield: 10-12 servings.