Gingered Lime Gelatin
This recipe calls for ginger ale in place of cold water, which gives the salad a "tingly" taste and heightens the ginger flavor.—Sandra McKenzie, Braham, Minnesota
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 1 package (6 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup ginger ale, chilled
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set the pineapple aside. In a bowl,
- dissolve the gelatin in water. Stir in ginger ale, ginger and the
- reserved juice. Chill until syrupy, about 45 minutes. Fold in
- pineapple. Transfer to a 6-cup mold coated with cooking spray.
- Refrigerate until firm. Unmold onto a serving platter. Yield: 12
Nutritional Facts:Nutritional Analysis: One serving (prepared with unsweetened pineapple, sugar-free gelatin and diet ginger ale) equals 21 calories, 37 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 4 gm carbohydrate, 1 gm protein, trace fat. Diabetic Exchange: Free food.