This recipe calls for ginger ale in place of cold water, which gives the salad a "tingly" taste and heightens the ginger flavor.—Sandra McKenzie, Braham, Minnesota
Featured In: Who Knew You Could Do That with Jello?
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 1 package (6 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup ginger ale, chilled
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set the pineapple aside. In a bowl, dissolve the gelatin in water. Stir in ginger ale, ginger and the reserved juice. Chill until syrupy, about 45 minutes. Fold in pineapple. Transfer to a 6-cup mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until firm. Unmold onto a serving platter. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Gingered Lime Gelatin in Taste of Home April/May 1999, p6
Reviews for Gingered Lime Gelatin
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 16, 2011
"Sub other fruits for pineapple allergy."