Gingered Lime Carrots Recipe
The produce manager at my grocery store suggested this memorable mixture of lightly sweet carrots, zippy ginger and tart lime. It;s easy to fall in love with this recipe, which now has permanent place among my favorites. My husband and I especially enjoy it with poultry or fish.
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- Lime slices
- 1. In a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine carrots and water. Cover and cook on high for 5-6 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring once.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine lime juice, butter, honey, peel and ginger. Cover and microwave on high for 45 seconds. Drain carrots; stir in the lime mixture. Cover and cook on high for 45 seconds. Garnish with lime. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 92 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 69 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC