The produce manager at my grocery store suggested this memorable mixture of lightly sweet carrots, zippy ginger and tart lime. It;s easy to fall in love with this recipe, which now has permanent place among my favorites. My husband and I especially enjoy it with poultry or fish.
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- Lime slices
- In a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine carrots and water. Cover and cook on high for 5-6 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine lime juice, butter, honey, peel and ginger. Cover and microwave on high for 45 seconds. Drain carrots; stir in the lime mixture. Cover and cook on high for 45 seconds. Garnish with lime. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Gingered Lime Carrots in Taste of Home December/January 2000, p29
Reviews for Gingered Lime Carrots
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 13, 2012
"The blend of flavors is great. I make this often but I boil the carrots. After combining other ingredients in a sauce pan and heating till combined, I pour over drained carrots."