Roll your cheese balls in the gingersnap crumbs just before serving to keep the cookie bits crisp and crunchy —a nice contrast to the smooth, creamy spread underneath. —Libby Walp, Chicago, IL
Recommended: Field Editor Favorite Recipes
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 gingersnap cookies, crushed
- Assorted sliced fresh fruit and graham crackers
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and sugars until smooth. Stir in lemon peel, juice and vanilla. Shape into two balls. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Just before serving, place gingersnap crumbs in a shallow bowl. Roll in crumbs. Serve with fruit and crackers. Yield: 2 cheese balls (1-1/2 cups each).
Originally published as Gingered Lemon Cheese Balls in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p134
Reviews for Gingered Lemon Cheese Balls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review