Gingered Honey Salmon
Ginger, garlic powder and green onion blend nicely in an easy marinade that gives pleasant flavor to salmon. We also like to use this versatile mixture when grilling chicken, but we've found it tastes even better when marinated in the fridge overnight.
-Dan Strumberger, Farmington, Minnesota
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 salmon fillet (1-1/2 pounds and 3/4 inch thick)
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Set aside 1/3 cup
- for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a
- large resealable plastic bag; add the salmon and turn to coat. Seal
- bag and refrigerate for 30 minutes, turning once or twice.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper
- towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Place salmon
- skin side down on grill.
- Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the grill
- for 5 minutes. Baste with reserved marinade. Grill or broil 10-15
- minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting
- frequently. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.