Gingered Green Beans
Dress up a common vegetable for a quick and nutritious side. “The fresh ginger in this recipe is a wonderful addition to green beans,” says Valerie Belley of St. Louise, Missouri.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat butter
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add the beans. Cover and
- cook for 3 minutes; drain.
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, garlic and gingerroot in butter
- until tender. Add pepper and beans; heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 69 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 90 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.