Gingered Green Beans Recipe
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat butter
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add the beans. Cover and cook for 3 minutes; drain.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute the onion, garlic and gingerroot in butter until tender. Add pepper and beans; heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 69 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 90mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Gingered Green Beans
"Excellent. I made it with the Apricot Glazed chicken."
"This is one green bean receipe my husband went back for seconds for the first time! We both loved it."