- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat butter
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add the beans. Cover and cook for 3 minutes; drain.
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, garlic and gingerroot in butter until tender. Add pepper and beans; heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Gingered Green Beans in Cooking for 2 Fall 2008, p26
Reviews for Gingered Green Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 30, 2013
Excellent. I made it with the Apricot Glazed Chicken.
Reviewed Aug. 4, 2009
This is one green bean receipe my husband went back for seconds for the first time! We both loved it.
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Green Bean Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Side Dishes >