Gingered Green Bean Salad Recipe
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion, separated into rings
- 1 cup canned bean sprouts, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1. Place green beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 4-7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place in ice water; drain and pat dry.
- 2. In a large salad bowl, combine the beans, onion and bean sprouts. In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. Pour over bean mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 88 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 93mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Gingered Green Bean Salad
"RE: Gingered Green Bean SaladThis is a wonderful Salad, full of taste. I’ve made it for several showers and potlucks. It keeps well and I’ve never had a single leftover to take home. It’s something different from the same old thing. I highly recommend you try it."