Gingered Garlic Shrimp Recipe
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh basil, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium or large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups cooked angel hair pasta
- 1. In a large skillet, saute ginger and garlic in butter and oil for 1 minute or until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, broth, 1-1/2 teaspoons parsley and 1-1/2 teaspoons basil. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Reduce heat; add shrimp. Simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until the shrimp turn pink. Add the pasta and remaining parsley and basil; toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 536 calories, 27 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 199 mg cholesterol, 667 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Reviews for Gingered Garlic Shrimp
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.