Gingered Flank Steak
A simple marinade lends plenty of flavor to this flank steak. "It's always my brother's birthday entree of choice," notes Pam Winter of St. Peters, Missouri.
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound)
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pout half of the
- marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add steak. Seal bag
- and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from steak. Gill steak, covered, over
- medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches
- desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read
- 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting
- occasionally with the reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.