- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound)
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pout half of the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from steak. Gill steak, covered, over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting occasionally with the reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now