Gingered Flank Steak Recipe
A simple marinade lends plenty of flavor to this flank steak. "It's always my brother's birthday entree of choice," notes Pam Winter of St. Peters, Missouri.
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound)
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pout half of the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from steak. Gill steak, covered, over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting occasionally with the reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Gingered Flank Steak in Quick Cooking May/June 2004, p10
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Gingered Flank Steak(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- BBQ Beef Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Beef Recipes >
- Grilled Steak Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >