- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger, chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons coarse sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Whisk sour cream and egg; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Stir in the cranberries, ginger and lemon peel. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times.
- Divide dough in half; pat each into a 7-in. circle. Cut each into six wedges. Separate wedges and place on a greased baking sheet. Brush with cream; sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Gingered Cranberry Scones in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p135
Reviews for Gingered Cranberry Scones
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review