Gingered Cranberry-Pear Relish
I made this for Christmas dinner and it quickly became a favorite. It has a nice balance of sweet and tart. Wendy Stenman
15 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 cups peeled and chopped pears (about 2 medium pears)
- 1-1/3 cups orange juice
- 1-1/4 cups dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons dried currants or raisins
- 3 tablespoons minced crystallized ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- In a large saucepan, combine all the ingredients. Bring to a boil
- over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes,
- stirring occasionally. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Yield:
- 15 servings.
Editor's Note: You may substitute 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground ginger for the crystallized ginger