Gingered Cranberry Pear Crisp Recipe
Gingered Cranberry Pear Crisp is a dessert so elegant-looking, you will be proud to serve it to guests. They will be sure to ask for the recipe. —Virginia Miracle, Menasha, Wisconsin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cups sliced peeled fresh pears
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine sugar and flour; stir in lemon juice. Add the pears, cranberries and ginger; toss to coat. Divide among six greased 10-oz. ramekins or custard cups.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, oats and flour; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over fruit.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 466 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 98 mg sodium, 89 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC