Gingered Cranberry Pear Crisp
Gingered Cranberry Pear Crisp is a dessert so elegant-looking, you will be proud to serve it to guests. They will be sure to ask for the recipe. —Virginia Miracle, Menasha, Wisconsin
6 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cups sliced peeled fresh pears
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and flour; stir in lemon juice. Add
- the pears, cranberries and ginger; toss to coat. Divide among six
- greased 10-oz. ramekins or custard cups.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, oats and flour; cut in
- butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
- Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 466 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 98 mg sodium, 89 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 4 g protein.