- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cups sliced peeled fresh pears
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and flour; stir in lemon juice. Add the pears, cranberries and ginger; toss to coat. Divide among six greased 10-oz. ramekins or custard cups.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, oats and flour; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Gingered Cranberry Pear Crisp
Sort By :
I made this recipe as it stated the first time. The next time I decreased the sugar to 1/3 cup. I also changed the topping a little. I decreased the brown sugar to 1/2 cup and increased the oats to a scant cup. Plus added a handful of slivered almonds. I felt the flavors were better with the decrease of sugar. I have made this for several gatherings and it has been quite a hit.
Good starter recipe. Next time I will cut in half the topping. Also, be aware of how ripe your pears are. Mine were very ripe, so the result was way too sweet with the amount of sugar recommended by the recipe. I will make again- very nice combination of flavors, but with the changes I mentioned.