Gingered Cranberry Pear Crisp is a dessert so elegant-looking, you will be proud to serve it to guests. They will be sure to ask for the recipe. —Virginia Miracle, Menasha, Wisconsin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cups sliced peeled fresh pears
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and flour; stir in lemon juice. Add the pears, cranberries and ginger; toss to coat. Divide among six greased 10-oz. ramekins or custard cups.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, oats and flour; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Gingered Cranberry Pear Crisp in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2008, p57
Reviews for Gingered Cranberry Pear Crisp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review