Gingered Cranberry Granita Recipe
“This recipe is elegant but easy and so refreshing! For an alternative garnish, try dried, sweetened cranberries.” Lisa Keys – Middlebury, Connecticut
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 4 orange peel strips (1 to 3 inches)
- 1 tablespoon minced crystallized ginger
- 4 fresh mint leaves
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring the cranberry juice, 1/4 cup sugar and orange peel to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in ginger.
- 2. Place remaining sugar in a small bowl. Remove orange peel from syrup; add to sugar, one piece at a time, and shake to coat. Place in a single layer on a foil-lined plate. Let stand overnight. Cover remaining sugar; set aside.
- 3. Transfer cranberry mixture to a 1-qt. dish; cool to room temperature. Freeze for 1 hour; stir with a fork. Freeze 2-3 hours longer or until completely frozen, stirring every 30 minutes. Stir granita with a fork just before serving; spoon into dessert dishes.
- 4. Lightly moisten mint with cold water; dip in remaining sugar to coat. Garnish granita with mint and candied orange peel. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 156 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Gingered Cranberry Granita
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC