- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 4 orange peel strips (1 to 3 inches)
- 1 tablespoon minced crystallized ginger
- 4 fresh mint leaves
- In a small saucepan, bring the cranberry juice, 1/4 cup sugar and orange peel to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in ginger.
- Place remaining sugar in a small bowl. Remove orange peel from syrup; add to sugar, one piece at a time, and shake to coat. Place in a single layer on a foil-lined plate. Let stand overnight. Cover remaining sugar; set aside.
- Transfer cranberry mixture to a 1-qt. dish; cool to room temperature. Freeze for 1 hour; stir with a fork. Freeze 2-3 hours longer or until completely frozen, stirring every 30 minutes. Stir granita with a fork just before serving; spoon into dessert dishes.
- Lightly moisten mint with cold water; dip in remaining sugar to coat. Garnish granita with mint and candied orange peel. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Gingered Cranberry Granita in Healthy Cooking April/May 2009, p40
Reviews for Gingered Cranberry Granita
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Christmas Recipes >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- Italian Desserts >