Gingered Cranberry-Carrot Slaw
Gingered Cranberry-Carrot Slaw gives this meal a nice tang with its dried cranberries and sweet-tart pineapple dressing. It also complements Asian and Thai foods. Genise Krause of Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin shared the recipe.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- In a large bowl, whisk the pineapple juice, honey, lemon juice and
- vinegar until smooth. Add the carrots, cranberries and ginger; toss
- to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 133 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 30 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.