Gingered Cran-Orange Salsa over Cream Cheese Recipe
Fresh cranberries make and unusual, but sensational salsa, which is great in the fall when cranberries are readily available. This brilliant red appetizer will attract party goers to it.—Jerri Gradert, Lincoln, Nebraska
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups fresh cranberries, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions, divided
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Assorted crackers or baked pita chips
- 1. Place cream cheese on a rimmed serving plate.
- 2. In a food processor, combine the cranberries, cilantro, sugar, jalapeno and ginger; cover and pulse until finely chopped. Stir in the pecans, 2 tablespoons green onions and orange juice. Spoon over cream cheese; sprinkle with remaining green onion. Serve with crackers. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Gingered Cran-Orange Salsa over Cream Cheese
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC