Gingered Citrus-Avocado Salad
"A citrusy dressing served over a combination of fruits makes this salad so refreshing," says Ruby Williams of Bogalusa, Louisiana. "We enjoy the mix of flavors—mellow avocado, tangy grapefruit and toasted pecans."
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 large navel oranges, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 medium grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 1 large avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the oranges, grapefruit and pineapple; cover
- and refrigerate until serving. In another bowl, combine the sour
- cream, milk, brown sugar, orange peel, ginger and nutmeg. Cover and
- refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Divide lettuce and avocado among six salad plates. Using a slotted
- spoon, arrange fruit over lettuce. Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle
- with nuts. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 206 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 45 mg sodium,