Gingered Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
- 1 large sweet red pepper, sliced
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons sesame or additional canola oil, divided
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the ketchup, ginger, soy sauce and garlic; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry peppers and onions in 1 teaspoon canola oil and 1 teaspoon sesame oil until crisp-tender. Remove vegetables with a slotted spoon; keep warm. In the same skillet, stir-fry chicken and marinade in remaining oil for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink. Return vegetables to the pan; heat through. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 3 servings.
One serving (1 cup chicken mixture, calculated without rice) equals 234 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 496 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Gingered Chicken Stir-Fry
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.