“Since I love citrus, chicken and ginger, I decided to put them all together. I created an easy, delicious meal, and clean-up is a cinch! I hope you enjoy it.” —Judy L Komarinski, Greensburg, Pennsylvania
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour half into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. In a small skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in butter for 2-3 minutes on each side. In a greased 8-in. square baking dish, combine rice with reserved marinade; top with chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Top with broccoli; cover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Gingered Chicken Dinner in Taste of Home October/November 2008, p68
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Gingered Chicken Dinner
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review