Gingered Chicken Dinner Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1 cup frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour half into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. In a small skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in butter for 2-3 minutes on each side. In a greased 8-in. square baking dish, combine rice with reserved marinade; top with chicken.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Top with broccoli; cover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 2 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 1 cup rice and 1/2 cup broccoli equals 499 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 1,739 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 42 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.