I first made this original recipe about 40 years ago, and it hasn't failed me yet. The thing I like about the dish is that it isn't plain. The flavorings dress up an "ordinary" vegetable, and put some real zip in any meal! This is an easy, quick dish to make, and it adds a splash of color to your table.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 5 to 6 medium carrots, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, cook carrots in a small amount of water until
- almost tender; drain. Add the butter, sugar and ginger; cook over
- low heat until carrots are heated through and evenly coated with
- butter mixture. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One serving equals 1-1/2 vegetable and 1-1/2 fat; also, 107 calories, 94 mg sodium, 0 mg cholesterol, 13 gm carbohydrate, 2 gm protein, 7 gm fat.