Gingered Carrots 'n' Parsnips Recipe
Guests at my holiday table are surprised to hear that this tasty side dish has just five ingredients.
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and julienned
- 4 medium parsnips, peeled and julienned
- 2 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Place carrots and parsnips in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 15-20 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute 1 tablespoon ginger in butter for 1 minute. Add the carrots, parsnips and salt; toss to coat. Sprinkle with remaining ginger. Yield: 6 servings.
1/2 cup: 153 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 165mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Gingered Carrots 'n' Parsnips
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC