Gingered Carrots 'N' Onions
"A little ginger goes a long way in this dish," says Sarah Rodgers of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. "It gives the carrots and onions wonderful flavor. This side is so pretty...and it goes well with any meat."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-3/4 pounds carrots
- 1-1/3 cups chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cut carrots in half lengthwise; thinly slice. Place in a large
- nonstick skillet; cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook for 9
- minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onions in oil until tender. Stir in the
- carrots, salt, ginger and pepper. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 93 calories, 2 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 266 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 starch.