Gingered Carrots 'N' Onions Recipe
"A little ginger goes a long way in this dish," says Sarah Rodgers of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. "It gives the carrots and onions wonderful flavor. This side is so pretty...and it goes well with any meat."
- 1-3/4 pounds carrots
- 1-1/3 cups chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cut carrots in half lengthwise; thinly slice. Place in a large nonstick skillet; cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook for 9 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onions in oil until tender. Stir in the carrots, salt, ginger and pepper. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Gingered Carrots 'N' Onions in Light & Tasty October/November 2003, p18
Reviews for Gingered Carrots 'N' Onions(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Vegetable Side Dishes >