Gingered Carrots & Parsnips Recipe
- 3 medium parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. Place 1 in. of water in a small saucepan; add parsnips. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 minute. Stir in carrots; cover and simmer 6-8 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain and set aside.
- 2. In the same pan, combine the honey, butter, ginger and salt. Stir in vegetables; heat through. Sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 3 servings.
3/4 cup: 173 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 121mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 6g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Gingered Carrots & Parsnips
"This side dish was outstanding! Although I'm fairly "new" to parsnips, my husband and I enjoyed this recipe so much, that I'm going to include some parsnips in my garden this coming year! I'm looking forward to making this recipe often!"