“Ginger adds a marvelous taste to these root vegetables." The flavorful side will be a hit on any buffet table. Marie Rizzio - Interlochen, Michigan
- 3 medium parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- Place 1 in. of water in a small saucepan; add parsnips. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 minute. Stir in carrots; cover and simmer 6-8 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pan, combine the honey, butter, ginger and salt. Stir in vegetables; heat through. Sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Gingered Carrots & Parsnips in Healthy Cooking October/November 2008, p27
Reviews for Gingered Carrots & Parsnips
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 26, 2016
"This side dish was outstanding! Although I'm fairly "new" to parsnips, my husband and I enjoyed this recipe so much, that I'm going to include some parsnips in my garden this coming year! I'm looking forward to making this recipe often!"