“Ginger adds a marvelous taste to these root vegetables." The flavorful side will be a hit on any buffet table. Marie Rizzio - Interlochen, Michigan
- 3 medium parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- Place 1 in. of water in a small saucepan; add parsnips. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 minute. Stir in carrots; cover and simmer 6-8 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pan, combine the honey, butter, ginger and salt. Stir in vegetables; heat through. Sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Gingered Carrots & Parsnips in Healthy Cooking October/November 2008, p27
Reviews for Gingered Carrots & Parsnips
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review