Gingered Carrots Recipe
I first made this original recipe about 40 years ago, and it hasn't failed me yet. The thing I like about the dish is that it isn't plain. The flavorings dress up an "ordinary" vegetable, and put some real zip in any meal! This is an easy, quick dish to make, and it adds a splash of color to your table.
- 5 to 6 medium carrots, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, cook carrots in a small amount of water until almost tender; drain. Add the butter, sugar and ginger; cook over low heat until carrots are heated through and evenly coated with butter mixture. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Gingered Carrots in Reminisce March/April 1992, p37
Reviews for Gingered Carrots(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 6, 2013
I'd give it about 3 1/2 to 4 stars. I thought it needed a little something else, so in addition to salt I also sprinkled it very lightly with cinnamon and drizzled a little bit of honey over them.
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >