I found this recipe in a magazine years ago and thought it was the best squash dish I’d ever tasted. When I serve it to guests, they always agree. –Fran Swartzentruber of Sebring, Ohio
- 2 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- Place squash in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-16 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, beat squash with butter and syrup. Beat in the ginger, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Gradually add cream until blended. Transfer to a serving bowl; serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Gingered Butternut Squash in Light & Tasty October/November 2006, p15
Reviews for Gingered Butternut Squash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review