Gingered Beef Stir-Fry for 2 Recipe
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot or dash ground ginger
- 4 ounces beef flank steak, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 3/4 teaspoon hoisin sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2 tablespoons soy sauce, sherry and ginger; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, hoisin sauce, sugar and remaining soy sauce until smooth; set aside.
- 3. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink. Remove and set aside. Stir-fry asparagus in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 4. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return beef to the pan; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 359 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 1099mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein
Reviews for Gingered Beef Stir-Fry for 2
"Will make again!"
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.